There are many skin types which vary from person to person. Some have soft and smooth skin, some have dry skin or sensitive skin and then there are some with oily skin. Oily skin can be a real pain to deal with. However, there is one big benefit of oily skin. A person with oily skin tends to age better and develop less wrinkles than normal or dry skin. But, the accumulation of excess oil on the outer skin layer generally leads to blackheads, whiteheads, pimples and other skin problems.
Sometimes, the sebaceous glands present in our skin produces excess sebum which leads to the formation of excess oil on the skin. A person with such skin, usually has shiny skin and large skin pores.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Oily Skin NaturallyApple cider vinegar or ACV is known to have fine antibacterial properties which are great for acne caused due to bacteria and oily skin. Plus, ACV is a rich source of Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA) which help tone and moisturize your oily skin.
Directions:You can use ACV to make a homemade toner.For this, dilute ;¼ cup of ACV in ;¾ cup of distilled water.Using a cotton ball, apply this mixture on your skin.Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes.Later, wash it off with cool water.Repeat this process several times a week to see positive results.
2. Cucumbers to Treat Oily Skin at HomeCucumber is another ingredient which is also quite beneficial for oily skin treatment. Cucumbers are known for their astringent, soothing, and cooling properties. Plus, it has a high amount of Vitamins and Minerals content. It contains Vitamins A and Vitamin E, Potassium and Magnesium, that are good for oily skin.
Directions:Take a fresh organic cucumber and cut it into thick slices.Rub them thoroughly and evenly on your face.Let it sit overnight.Next morning, wash your face with warm water.Repeat this method daily before going to bed to prevent oil skin.
3. Apples to Get Rid of Oily Skin Naturally and FastApples also work as a great exfoliating agent. Apple is known to have mild antiseptic, astringent, and soothing qualities which make it a powerful home remedy for oily skin treatment. Apple also has malic acid, which helps remove dead skin cells and absorbs excess oil from the surface of your skin.
Directions:Simply grate an apple and keep the shreds on your skin.Wait for 15 minutes before washing your face with tepid water.
4. Egg Whites to Get Rid of Oily SkinEggs are known to be very rich in Vitamin A, it can help effectively in drying out skin blemishes. It can also help in toning and tightening up your oily skin. It is also among the best home remedies for oily skin treatment.
Directions:Take 1 egg white and whip it until it get stiff.Spread it evenly on your skin.Let it dry before rinsing it off with warm water.Repeat this method 2 times a week.
5. Yogurt to Prevent Oily Skin Fast and NaturallyYogurt is also one of the best home remedies for oily skin treatment. Yogurt has lactic acid, which is quite helpful in exfoliation of the skin. It helps remove dirt and dead cells. It also helps absorb excess oil from the face.
Directions:Take 1 tbsp of plain yogurt and apply it thoroughly and evenly on your face.Allow it to sit for 15 minutes.Afterwards, wash it off with cool water.Do this remedy once daily to get rid of oily skin naturally and fat.