Although there are many reasons why the lymphatic system and lymph nodes may become congested, these can be paired down to three major causes According to John Douillard.
1. Stress has been identified as the cause of about 80% of all chronic health issues. The chemistry of stress is degenerative and lymph congesting.
2. Digestive imbalances may irritate intestinal villi, which is a classic reason for lymph congestion. As the majority of the lymph in the body surrounds the gut (Gut Associated Lymphatic Tissues – GALT), the quality of the villi are critical for proper lymph flow, detoxification, assimilation, and immunity.
3. Iodine deficiency is also a common cause of lymphatic congestion. Iodine helps to mitigate the effects of a toxic environment and supports the lymphatic system at the cellular level.
How to Improve Lymph Health
1. Exercise: The best way to get the lymphatic system moving is to exercise, and the best type of exercise is rebounding. Rebounding is jumping on a small or large trampoline. Do this for 10-20 minutes a day.
2. Near Infrared Sauna: Sauna therapy allows the body to sweat while in parasympathetic nervous system mode, so toxins are being sweated out. The circulation/release of toxins, the regeneration of tissues, and the heat all work together to improve lymphatic flow.
3. Yin Yoga: Yin Yoga requires poses to be held anywhere from 3 to 10 minutes. The change in gravity one experiences in these poses and the differences in pressure help to improve lymphatic flow.
4. Walking: It is important to get the body moving and the lungs functioning. Walking is something everyone can do outside or at home. Just take a break and walk. Breathe as deep as possible while walking.
CONTINUE READING ON NEXT PAGE